Monday 26 May 2008

Just the Two of Us + Cross Stitch Affair

It's SugarGaL (Suzanne) here! Yes, Fiametta-ink still lives! And today, we held yet another meeting in the holy abode of antheahui.

Attendance? Two out of four. Hey, at least it's 50%.

The time was set at 10am. I woke up and brushed my pearly whites at 9am. Solving some Sudoku, I waited for my mum to be done with her coffee as she said she was only gonna leave after she was done. Wokay... That took an extra 15 minutes. So I was late to Anthea's house, but hey, doesn't really matter no? It's just the two of us. =P

When I got there, Anthea was busy with her Koperasi poster, which was a task given by our boss from school. I threw out my camera(my father's actually) and started snapping away.

Work in Progress for the poster on Anthea's computer

I also unpacked my cross stitching stuff and started planning my products. Right now, I'm focusing on my Bleach bookmarks and Roxas cross stitch. There was quite alot of problems in pricing my work because handicraft takes alot of effort, yet it can't be too expensive because of the market we're selling it to. Plus, the cross stitching fabric I use keeps changing, so yet again, another problem. So think, think, think, and think more.

After lots of thinking, which was what I did for the whole day while Anthea played with her tablet, I finally decided on a standard size for my Bleach bookmarks.

The Fiametta-ink book takes the screen again!

Sample bookmark for you to visualize the product!

Comes with your favourite Bleach character!

It's 8cm x 18 cm, and is 40 x 95 counts, which means it can contain that many stitches. I'd like comments if you guys think it's a fine size. =) This will cost RM15. Hey, it's unique okay! You can't mass produce cross stitches. You are paying for quality. =)

We then cycled to a shop to make our Fiametta-ink stamp. From there, we went to the nearest dim sum shop and bought our branch.

Anthea made us watermelon juice too!

I got the yam thing.

And Anthea got Char Siu Pao!

After eating, Anthea got back to her tablet and I just lazed around. She's working on some Kingdom Hearts stuff too. They are riding clouds! Oooh, talking about that...

Anthea was looking for Riku reference pictures, and somehow we found this. Great laugh. XD

Anthea got hungry, so she ate the almighty cup mee!

The Fiametta-ink logo to be made into the stamp!

We moved to Anthea's room after that to continue other work. Anthea worked on her sculpey for her keychains while I continue to ponder on the prices on my cross stitch as I couldn't work with anything at the moment. Needed some comments from the beta group about the sizes and prices. As for my Roxas cross stitch, I decided to skip stitching the evil background and buy black fabric instead.

When armed with a camera, use it for all pointless means possible.


"Bombshell weh!"

Ah... Kids these days. I remember the days when our Barbie dolls had the same skin tone, same lip colour and that bushy, blonde hair that is impossible to comb even with that small brush it comes with. Look at the Barbie's now! The hair is highlighted, styled, layered, different lip colour, designer's clothes, cool heels that you can remove. Whoa...

Then the air-cond repairman came in a disrupted our productive environment. We fled back downstairs and continue work. Before that, snacks came in. Jelly, Cheezels, more watermelon juice! Mmm...

The five Ss in wine tasting: See, Swirl, Sniff, Sip, Savour

After that, we opted to play some games instead. We played Life, the board game and Pocket Fighter on the Playstation!

The Game of LIFE!

"You can only make the scene if you've got the greens(money)."

Hey... Why doesn't the rules teach you the rules to reading the rules?

YAOI ALERT: Even gay marriage is allowed in LIFE! Look at the happy couple... They ended up having a son, a daughter, and a pair of twins.

Boohoo. It sucks being loser. .___.

After that, it was home for me. By Anthea's holy abode! So, after the whole day of thinking, I've finally came up with a standard size and price list!

Bleach Bookmarks: 8cm x 18cm, 40 x 95 counts, RM15
Keychains: 5cm x 9cm (I/C card size), 36 x 22 counts, RM7 (if four stit
ches per count, RM10)
Small Keychains: Size not determined yet. (but it's Togepi size, refer to SugarGaL's deviantART gallery) RM5 (if four stitches per count, RM7)


For those who don't know, four stitches per count means for a box o
n the fabric, I fit in four stitches. This means that a 36 x 22 count fabric can contain 72 x 44 stitches instead, meaning more detail. However, this takes more effort, thread, and time so the price is increased.

Neku for Reina-Sugar. Categorized as keychain, 5cm x 9cm, 36 x 22 counts, four stitches per count, RM10

Keychain cross stitch size in comparison with a wallet. Say hi to the Ichigo head!

Keychain cross stitch size in comparison with a MyKAD.

I'll come up with better pictures and sample in the future. So far this is all I have to show. Once I get better samples, I'll post up a full price list and commission stuff for my cross stitch work. Yeah. =)

So till here! Jeez, I spent almost 4 hours on this blog post! This is SugarGaL, signing off!

No comments: